Together We Can Foundation

Together We Can Foundation (Believe Your Instinct)



The Indian government facilitates tax exemptions to boost investments and promote specific economic activities. For taxpayers, exemptions are a practical way to reduce their taxable income, save tax and make some good long-term investments. A taxpayer can save all or part of his tax amount by claiming tax exemptions.

Under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, taxpayers can claim deductions for contributions made as donations. The deduction under the Act is available for contributions made to the specified relief funds and charitable institutions. But not all donations are eligible for a tax deduction.

As per the revised Income Tax Exemption Act, effective on April 1, 2017, donations above Rs. 500 to an NGO will be eligible for a 50% tax exemption under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Also, by donating to the Together We Can Foundation, you will pay your contribution towards various activities of our NGO, leading to the welfare of the whole community.

The exemption is calculated by reducing the donated amount from your taxable salary, and your tax will now be calculated on this new amount based on ongoing tax rates.

For instance, if your taxable annual income is Rs 100,000 and you make a donation of Rs 5,000, then your net annual income will become Rs 97,500.

As per Section 80G of the Income Tax Act, one must donate a minimum of 500 to avail of tax exemption.

Yes, you can expect your receipts within 10 days after donating to our NGO.

The tax certificate is generated within six days of the date that online donations were made. It usually takes about 10 days to receive the tax exemption certificate, including the courier process and it takes between 15 and 20 days if you contribute offline.

NRI holding an Indian passport are eligible to tax exemption under section 80 G of the Income Tax Act. Don’t forget to mention your Indian PAN Card Number in the online donation form to avail the tax benefits.

In case your Tax Receipt got misplaced, we may not be able to provide you with a duplicate receipt. Instead, we can send you the Income Tax Exemption certificate copy.